Arts Canteen & Joon Dance presents (UN) Covered.
Cothes can be armor, art work, identity, conformity, protection or rebellion!
Made between the UK and Egypt, (UN) Covered is a solo dance theatre performance exploring who we are as women inside our clothes.
(UN) Covered is a solo dance action against the violent control placed on women’s bodies via the clothes they wear, and how these issues connect us all, across borders and transcending cultural difference.
Contemporary dance artist Zosia Jo explores her experiences of living in Egypt and in the UK as a woman, the prejudice she encountered in both places and within herself. This is her reaction, and her solution.
– Choreographer / Performer – Zosia Jo
– Rehearsal Director / Choreographic assistant – Aly Khamees
– Creative Mentor – Deborah Light
– Music – Mohamed Shafik
– Light and set design – Saber Elsayed
– Costume design and research assistant – Sherin Hegazy
– Rehearsal and promotional images- Roy Campbell-Moore
The show will be followed by a Q&A with the artist.